We are interested in cooperating with anyone who shares our interest in the restoration of life at Stara planina. The DRSP actions are directed at establishing cooperation with domestic institutions. We’ll name a few of our achievements:
- Open letters to the Minister of Environmental Protection and the Mayor of Pirot sent by 4 faculties of the University of Belgrade and the Institute for Biological Research.
- Cooperation with the Faculty of Architecture in Belgrade. The students and professors visited Stara planina. They planned the restoration of the area.
- Excellent cooperation with the Faculty of Forestry of the University of Belgrade and biology professors of the University of Belgrade and University of Niš.
- 53 associations sent letters of support to the DRSP Movement, legitimizing the organisation and its work. Some of them are the following: Pokret gorana Vojvodine (Association of Forest Rangers of Vojvodina), Društvo za zaštitu i proučavanje ptica (Association for the Protection and Study of Birds), Srpsko herpetološko društvo (Serbian Herpetological Society), Vojvođanska zelena inicijativa (Green Initiative of Vojvodina), Bela čaplja (White Heron), Solidarno za životinje i prirodu (Solidarity for Animals and Nature), etc.
- It’s important to point out that the Serbian Chamber of Engineers and the Academy of Engineering Sciences have stated that “the SHPPs have a huge negative environmental impact on the protected areas. They destroy the vital resources for the life and work of the local population”.
- The cooperation with the Faculty of Architecture resulted in the restoration of the Cultural Centre of Dojkinci.
We could use your knowledge and expertise, so we would like to invite you to join us in the fight to defend the rivers of Stara planina (Balkan Mountains) and restore the villages in this area.
Defend the Rivers of Stara Planina (Balkan Mountains) Movement